Senior Systems Administrator
33Across offers online publishers a suite of products that drive incremental traffic, increase user engagement, and monetize their content. Our programmatic advertising and data platforms and solutions allow major brands to reach their intended audience through effective, high-impact marketing messages. We are a profitable, venture-backed company with a proven business model and consistent revenue growth. With over a million sites worldwide deploying 33Across products and technology, we are enabling online publishers to continue to do what they do best: create great content.
33Across is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our scrappy and talented IT/SysAdmin/TechOps team. We have a hybrid production infrastructure with servers in the cloud as well as on-prem. Our web front end stack is built using Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Tomcat, HAProxy, and NGINX. Some of the technologies we use in the backend include MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop, HBase, Pig, Hive, Flume, Kafka, Docker, and Salt.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and support:
- Remote CentOS 7/8 servers, including their state/configuration using Salt
- Multiple Hadoop clusters
- VMware servers and VM’s
- DNS and CDN
- Meraki devices for firewalls, vpn, office wireless network, and some Cisco switches
- 3rd-party employee tools/applications (Google Workspace, Slack, etc.)
- Work with developers to deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot applications and services
- Evaluate new technologies (cloud, open source) from time to time and recommend their adoption
within the organization
- Help secure our infrastructure from internal vulnerabilities and external threats
- Share after-hours and weekend on-call responsibilities with others on the team
- Provide helpdesk support for Mac and Windows laptops for our US-based employees
- Track hardware inventory and asset allocation
- 5+ years of experience managing production applications/services running on Linux
- Some experience providing helpdesk support for Mac and Windows laptops
- Experience with office networking using Meraki or Cisco hardware
- Comfortable with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Perl, etc.)
What We Offer You
We are headquartered in New York City with a globally distributed workforce. We offer a fun work environment with smart coworkers and generous perks:
- Competitive salary, bonus and equity.
- Health, vision and dental benefits.
- 401K match to help you save for the future.
- Robust paid time off, company holidays, personal days and sick days.
- Fully remote working, with occasional travel, once it is safe to do so.
Interested? Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org